This agreement, between coach and the above-named coachee, will begin on (Date) ___________ and will continue for a minimum of three months.
The fee for the initial meeting is £ _______, and the fee for the following session(s) is £ _______ per month, payable in advance each month.
For effectiveness, at least three sessions are recommended and then review.
The services to be provided by the coach to the coachee are (choose as applicable):
- Video (Skype, Facetime, WeChat)
Our Conduct and RelationshipDesigned jointly with the client, coaching, which is not advice, therapy, or counselling, may address specific personal projects, business successes, or general conditions in the client’s life or profession. Upon completion of three sessions, coaching will convert to a (weekly/fortnight/monthly) basis. The client and coach agree to provide each other with fourteen-day notice in the event either wishes to cancel further services. It should be noted that the session fee is calculated based on pre-agreed sessions. The coach promises the client that all information provided to the coach will be kept strictly confidential. Throughout the working relationship, the coach will engage in direct and personal conversations. The coachee can count on the coach to be honest and straightforward in asking questions and making requests. The coachee understands that the power of the coaching relationship can be granted only by the coachee, and the coachee agrees to do just that: have the coaching relationship be powerful. If the coachee believes the coaching is not working as desired, the coachee will communicate that belief and take action to return the power to the coaching relationship.
A Typical Session Format
- We will have an initial consultation to share information, define the purpose, design the format, and agree goals and measurement of success. Both of us need to check whether we feel happy this will be a good ‘fit’, or whether someone else will be better match your needs.
- We will arrange to meet in private, a neutral environment.
- The length of our sessions will be agreed to fit your need between 1 and 2 hours, weekly, fortnightly, or monthly depending on how we progress.
- The agenda is yours – how we go about it is something we will design together.
- Our work will be primarily conversational in nature. I will also probably offer some conceptual models & structured processes for your experiential learning, and I may suggest reading or other ‘homework’.
- If we decide to proceed we will both commit to an initial period – probably of at least 3 sessions. For this to work well, it needs to be an ongoing partnership
My Standards of Conduct
- As a professional coach/mentor
I will identify my level of coaching competence to the best of my ability and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience as a coach.
- I will, at the beginning of each coaching relationship, ensure that my coaching client understands the terms of the coaching agreement between us.
- I will not claim or imply outcomes that I cannot guarantee.
- I will respect the confidentiality of my client’s information, except as otherwise authorized by my client, or as required by law.
- I will obtain permission from each of my clients before releasing their names as clients or references.
- I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on coaching as a profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding or acceptance of coaching as a profession.
- I will be alerting to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our coaching relationship and thus would be better served by another coach or by another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change.
- I will avoid conflicts between my interests and those of my clients.
Whenever the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will, on a timely basis, discuss the conflict with my client to reach informed agreement with my client on how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client.
- I will honour every term of agreements I make with my clients and, if separate, with whoever compensates me for the coaching of my clients.
- I will acknowledge the work and contributions of others; I will respect copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property rights and I will comply with applicable laws and my agreements concerning these rights.
- I will coach in a manner compatible with the above Definition of Coaching and, whenever asked by my clients about my ethical standards, I will inform them of my pledge and agreement to comply with the above Pledge of Ethics and these Standards of Conduct.
Our signatures on this agreement indicate full understanding of an agreement with the information outlined above.
Coachee Signature __________________________________
Coach Signature ______________________________